This recipe can be used with any kind of fish. You can also use a variety of topping's. We often have bluegill and crappie fillets in our freezer so those are my go to for fish tacos.
What ingredients do I need?
- 15 fish fillets
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- Corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- Assorted toppings: I enjoy cabbage, sliced mangoes, and avocado for fish tacos.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Season the fish fillets with Cajun seasoning
- Place the fillets in the oil and brown both sides. It should take just a couple of minutes for each side.
- Place the fillets in a separate pan without oil and toss with the cilantro and lime juice. This should be a quick toss over medium heat. Just enough to get the citrus flavor and wilt the cilantro some.
- I warm our corn tortillas in the oven. Place the fish mix on the tortillas with your toppings and enjoy!
Bountiful harvests and happy cooking,
Recipe prepared by Jennifer Hiller