Baked Lemon Trout:
Rainbow trout is a mild white fish. I prefer to cook Rainbow Trout in the oven wrapped in foil. It will not take long for the fish to cook so make sure you set a timer and check on it.
What ingredients do I need?
- 2 cleaned Rainbow Trout fillets
- Olive Oil
- ½ lemon sliced
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Spread olive oil on the foil
- Lay the Rainbow Trout fillets on the foil
- Lay the asparagus around the fillets
- Pour the lemon juice on the asparagus and Rainbow Trout
- Season everything with the lemon pepper seasoning
- Lay the lemon slices over the Rainbow Trout
- Close the foil pack and place on a cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes
White fish is a great source of protein. Rainbow Trout really needs minimal seasoning. Enjoy this meal with a baked sweet potato or a side salad. The steaming of the fish and asparagus together creates a quick and easy weekday meal.
Bountiful harvests and happy cooking,
Recipe prepared by Jennifer Hiller