Venison burgers are dense, rich, and creamy. They're filling, not fatty.
Ground venison is a lean, high protein meat. Many would argue that you need to add fat to the ground venison. Personally, I think this changes the health benefits and the taste. In order to help these burgers stay together, bread crumbs and egg are added.
What ingredients do I need?
- 1 pound ground venison
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- You can use venison or other lean game meats for this recipe.
- Add one pound of ground venison, ⅓ cup bread crumbs, and one egg to a bowl. Mix all ingredients together until just mixed. Do not over mix the meat.
- Form three to four patties. Lightly season both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- You can grill these patties over charcoal or gas. For this photo op we opted for melting 4 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat. Sear the patties for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Put your favorite toppings and cheese on these delicious patties.
Bountiful harvests and happy cooking,
Recipe prepared by Jennifer Hiller