This is a great meal for the sirloin tip cut of a deer. By slow cooking this the meat becomes soft and pulls apart like slow cooked pork.
What ingredients do I need?
- Venison sirloin tip cut or the football loaf
- 4 cups beef broth
- Fajita Seasoning
- Corn or Flour Tortillas
- 2 sliced green peppers
- Sliced mushrooms
- 1 sliced onion
- Variety of toppings: avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, olives, hot peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, guacamole, salsa
- Place the venison football loaf in a slow cooker. Add the 4 cups of beef broth. Slow cook on low for 8 hours.
- Pull the football loaf out of the slow cooker. Shred the meat.
- Add the shredded meat to a pan and add the fajita seasoning with the water required. Warm up the fajita mix.
- Add the peppers, mushrooms, and onions to the fajita mix. Over medium heat, place a lid on the pan and allow the vegetables to soften. This should only take a few minutes.
- While the vegetables and mix are intermingling, warm up your tortillas and have your toppings ready.
- Place a warm shell on a plate, top with the venison and vegetable mix, add your favorite toppings, and enjoy that football loaf!
Bountiful harvests and happy cooking,
Recipe prepared by Jennifer Hiller